“Striving for excellence by providing quality services that support a thriving community, by preserving the environment and enhancing the quality of life through visionary planning and leadership.”
The Office of Community Relations/Citizen’s Advocate serves as a vital link and liaison between the citizens of Lake City and City government by providing a resource location for citizens to call with their concerns. This position was created to ensure that the perception of the City remains positive while fostering a spirit of camaraderie and cooperation within the community, making it a better place to live and conduct business.
- To enhance the City’s positive and vibrant image by communicating the City’s mission, vision, and goals to the community we serve, and making City government more assessable to our citizens.
- To maintain a productive relationship with citizens by providing effective and innovative programs and events for the community.
- To use systematic practices to address citizens comments, questions, and complaints by identifying solutions to the requests and forwarding to the appropriate staff.
- To assist in the development of existing and new civic, faith-based and neighborhood programs in the community.
- To provide outstanding community service and information by promoting equity, respect, and diversity, and by encouraging positive interaction between our citizens and City government.