To provide effective Human Resource Management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services which contribute to the attainment of City and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the City.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations; providing management and employee training; and developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development in areas of effective leadership and career development of employees; employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by: pre-planning staffing needs; ensuring an effective internal interview process; increasing company visibility in the employment marketplace; identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources; and conducting thorough reference checks.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management
- Lead the City training program for employee’s to enhance skills, cross training and upward mobility.
- Execute and supervise Six Sigma projects to increase effectiveness and efficiency in each department within the City.
The City of Lake City only accepts applications/resumes for current job vacancies. Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law, applications/resumes are subject to public review. Any application requesting confidentiality will be returned to the applicant.
The City of Lake City is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Selected candidates may be required to undergo drug (and possibly alcohol) testing, a physical examination, and a complete background check.